Tuesday, October 23, 2018

let's try this....

I’m running a webserver and FTP server, wherein /var/www is bound to /home/user/www.
I set both directories to chmod 777 (which is fine since it’s for testing only).
I can upload files into /home/user/www, but whenever I create a new directory, I always have to run chmod 777 on that folder.
Otherwise, when I try to browse it, I get the error message
You don't have permission to access /test/ on this server.
Is there a way I could make all sub-folders inside /var/www be accessible by anyone? Or could their permissions be automatically set to 777? It’s annoying that I have to type chmod 777 every time.

ASKUBUNTU.COM
I’m running a webserver and FTP server, wherein /var/www is bound to /home/user/www. I set both directories to chmod 777 (which is fine since it’s for…

No comments: